Many young adults come to the Claudia Black Young Adult Center without a true sense of the core issues that are causing them to experience pain and to lead destructive lives. Patients admitted to the Claudia Black Young Adult Center undergo a screening process designed to identify key factors to determine a patient’s viability, including:
- Co-occurring disorders
- Recent hospitalizations
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Suicide attempts
We understand our role as stewards in the care of our patients and we take every precaution to ensure that each patient receives the appropriate level of care needed to begin the recovery process. We offer a comprehensive and innovative diagnostic evaluation designed specifically for the young-adult population.
Our expansive Brain Center boasts state-of-the-art equipment to aid in these important evaluations.
The Brain Center features:
- Cranio-electro stimulation (CES) – a tool used for sleep, anxiety, and improved cognitive functioning. The device is a small, modulated electric current supplied to the ear lobes that has been benefitting patients safely for over 25 years.
- Audio/Visual Stimulation with CES (Oasis) – a combination of the audio/stimulator with the CES to combine light and sound. This process increases the prevalence of certain EEG frequencies in the brain. This treatment shows benefits for:
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Stress reduction
- Mood disorders
- Mental sharpness
- Cognitive functioning
- Heart rate Variability (HRV) – A biofeedback device that helps individuals relax and develop coherent breathing patterns. Hemoencephalogy (HEG) Biofeedback is applied to cerebral blood oxygenation, allowing individuals to learn to control and increase blood flow to the brain. This treatment stimulates underactive frontal lobes seen in many of our patients, and combines well with our other brain-training devices.
- Chi Machine – Figure 8 oscillation movement helps aid in heart and circulation. Improves immune system and lymph flow.
Effective Treatment Unique To Your Needs
The Claudia Black Young Adult Center in Wickenburg, Arizona, provides an intensive, experientially based 45-day treatment program for young adults ages 18 – 26 who are struggling with unresolved emotional trauma, addiction, have a dual diagnosis or who have failed past addiction treatments. Dr. Claudia Black - renowned author, speaker, and trainer who has been working with family systems and addictive disorders since the 1970s - is the clinical architect of the Claudia Black Young Adult Center.
In a safe and nurturing community composed of their peers, young adults are guided on their journey of recovery by examining the underlying causes of addiction and co-occurring disorders. The goal is for these individuals to gain the courage to face difficult issues, including grief and loss; heal from emotional trauma; and become accountable for their own feelings, behaviors, and recovery. Visit us here or feel free to phone us at 855-333-6075.